Knitting

This design is by Michelle Stead and is called Savvy Synthesis. It’s done in bulky yarn and knits up quickly.

I liked learning how to make the cables travel over the garter stitch areas. I was able to knit it on size ll needles-ones that were my great grandmother’s needles.

A Year in Stitch

I wove strips of batiks to create a background and fused them in place. Then I attached the laces by stitching by hand with sewing thread. It needed two borders to contain it. It’s about 18″ by 18″.

Bead Journal Project

A number of years ago I marbled fabric with another lady and made clothes that we sold. Marbling yardage is hard work, so you don’t waste any scraps. I cut out triangles and stitched them to timtex turning all the edges under then beaded the edges with size 11 seed beads using the picot stitch. They sat a round for a while waiting for inspiration. Then the brown hand dye was near them and said it wanted to become a wall hanging. They are stitched to the fabric, the center donut was added and I machine quilted the piece. It’s 12″ square.

A Year in Stitch

My son’s Mother-in-law sent me a couple of nice wooden spools, so I just had to make another scroll. This one is 4″ across and a yard long.

The fabrics are polyesters silk and upholstery scraps and not in a color scheme I thought I would work in but sometimes the fabrics on your table make the decision for you. I’ve added old and new laces, yoyo’s, and hexagons. The buttons and charms are from my collection. The stitching is with Perle Cotton using Chain Stitch, Straight Stitch, and Running Stitch. I put a ribbon doubled through the spool for hanging.

A Year in Stitch

I painted this flower many years ago when a friend and I sat in her field with her horses and painted. I don’t remember what we used for painting but think it was thickened dye. I finally decided to make a hanging with it. It’s 18 inches square. The hand stitching is in Perle Cotton using Chain Stitch. It is machine quilted.

Knitting

Another three scarves and a chemo hat knitted. Once it is safe to go places, they will go where needed.

Right now I seem to be snowed in. There is a challenging hill in and out of here.

A Year in Stitch

I had an upholstery square with these feathers on it, so I cut it up and pieced it in with denim scraps and the square upholstery scrap.

I did Boro stitching with Sashiko thread and made it into an 18″ Pillow.

Bead Journal Project

I found this cut off from some quilt top I made and decided it was interesting enough to make a small piece using the stone rings. The rings are held in place with seed beads. I used Stem Stitch to accent the center and machine quilted the black border. It’s the size of a piece of printer paper.

A Year in Stitch

This is a painted center using either a screen or stencil-don’t remember which as I just found it again. The stitching is done with perle cotton using Herringbone Stitch, Stem Stitch and Chain Stitch. It is machine quilted and is 10″ by 14″.