I decided to paint some more threads and made tied hanks from Perle 5 and 8 and crochet cotton. First I washed the white threads with a gentle soap and rinsed thoroughly. We use fabric that has the sizing removed and I found that washing the thread first did make a difference. I used Dynaflow Periwinkle and Midnight Blue hoping for a deep purple. I ended up with some lovely grays but need those too. Since it is a fabric paint/dye, I decided I’d better heat set them and put them between layers of fabric spreading them out as much as possible, ironed, rearranged and ironed again. Then I put them in a lingerie bag and in the dryer on hot for 30 minutes. Very little paint washed out and the thread is soft to the hand.